Road Map For Migrating On Premises OBIEE To Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC)
The Oracle Analytics Cloud Service (OACS), a Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a scalable, highly reliable and secure public cloud service that offers comprehensive analytics capabilities to explore and perform collaborative analytics at any scale, in any environment, and on any device for your enterprise.
Oracle Analytics Cloud is a single platform solution for deriving and sharing data insights, that includes
- Analytics & Reporting
- Based on OBIEE 12C / Business Intelligence Cloud Service (BICS) technology
- Based on Data Visualization Cloud Service (DVCS)
- Includes full blown Essbase in Cloud
- Online Cloud Data Modeller + Enterprise Business Models
- Oracle Day by Day Mobile App
Oracle Smart View
Oracle Analytics Cloud’s capabilities are packaged into three editions.
Standard Edition: DVCS + Essbase Standard + DVD + Smart View
Data Lake Edition: Standard Edition Features + Essbase Enterprise + High Performance Data Flows
Enterprise Edition: Data Lake Edition Features + BICS + Pixel Reporting + Oracle Day by Day
Why Move from OBIEE to Oracle Analytics Cloud?
- With OACS, one can experience 50 + data connectors, including native Oracle sources, open ODBC databases, and JDBC databases.
- Users are provided with self-service capabilities in what-if modelling and analysing options with Oracle Hyperion Essbase on the back-end.
- The mobile-friendly software sends proactive analytics to your mobile devices, giving you the essential information at the right time and right moment.
- OACS Platform can easily be scaled up/down. Scaling up of OAC can be done by adding more OCPUs (Oracle Compute Unit) to instance.
- For both infrastructure and development, the costs are minimised immensely. No separate licence is required for Data Visualization tool.
- Pay as operating expense, not capital expense. Pay by hour / OCPU (Metered / No Metered), not pay for license & support.
Roadmap for moving on-premises to Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC)
In this we are going to discuss about the process of migrating BI content from on-premises to Oracle Analytics Cloud.
Scenario 1: Steps to migrate from OBIEE 11g to OAC
1. Download & Copy the Oracle Analytics Cloud migration tool JAR file to your OBIEE 11g environment.
2. Run the migration-tool.jar file in your OBIEE 11g environment. The tool exports all BI content to a file with .jar extension.
3. Deploy the import bundle on Oracle Analytics Cloud.
4. Log on to OACS Environment to verify that all BI content is available as expected.
Scenario 2: Steps to migrate from OBIEE 12c to OAC
1. Create Oracle BI Application Archive (BAR) file which contains data model, catalog, and security model metadata from a service instance using exportServiceInstance from on-premises OBIEE 12C.
2. Deploy the BAR file using upload snapshot in OACS.
3. Log on to OACS Environment to verify that all BI content is available as expected.
MOURI TECH’s Approach towards Oracle Analytics Cloud:
Hybrid Cloud BI:
Hybrid BI Cloud Architecture allows the organization to move BI Platform Layer to the cloud, while Data Processing & Storage layers remain on-premises. This model allows organization to lower the investments done already on the warehouse infrastructure.
Full Scale Cloud BI:
Full Scale Cloud BI Architecture allows an organization to include data warehouse (DBaaS) and ETL (ODICS) layers in Oracle Cloud along with BI Platform Layer.
In this article, I would like to conclude by stating that OAC would be the most economical, scalable comprehensive analytics platform by Oracle Cloud that would successfully meet an enterprise wide BI and Analytical needs with on-premises like control.
Contact us for further details
Appi Reddy DUNDETI