Migration of Informatica On-premise to Cloud
Since the cloud provider looks after the hardware, software and networks in the cloud, there is a need to migrate our workload from Informatica PowerCenter on-premise to Informatica Intelligent Could Services (IICS), which provides broadest support for cloud-centric use cases.
Steps to migrate Informatica on premise to Informatica cloud
- Export the workflow from Informatica PowerCenter from Administrator console as an XML file and save it.
- Login into Informatica Cloud UI.
- Navigate to Task Wizards –> PowerCenter and import PowerCenter workflow.
- Provide an appropriate name and description and select a runtime environment.
- Browse and upload the XML exported from PowerCenter.
- Click on save and run the task to test.
From Informatica Repository Manager: Connect to the Repository Manager, select the required workflow, export and save it.
Task Flow in Cloud: Import the XML into Cloud and select the required Runtime Environment which is up and running.
Optimizations include application modernization, which is the process of updating existing applications with modern features and functionalities to align with the current business needs.
- Cost reduction
- Shares the same run-time engine as PowerCenter, but delivered as a multitenant cloud-based service
- Mapplets and mappings can be built once and they can run in any environment, either on-premise or cloud
IICS offers its integration platform as a service (iPaaS), a hybrid integration platform, to integrate and offer data and application services deployed on-premises as well as in the cloud.
Contact for further details
Sr. Specialist – Analytics Data Engineering